Leupold GX4i Golf Rangefinder Reviews
Leupold GX4i Golf rangefinder is considered the next best thing or improvement in the category of a rangefinders, especially with its good and quality build made of rugged aluminium. In addition to its build, it is equipped with a red OLED display which helps give out a clear view of the distance regardless of the background.
Alongside it is a yellow faceplate which allows this range finder to provide slope- adjusted distances, or even provide club recommendations. Although, it is considered to have the highest price point in its category, it offers a variety of capabilities such as, a six times magnification with crisp display, an improved laser, faster distance reading, and all this for a lightweight device of just eight ounces.
Who Is It For?
Basically designed for the convenience and to guide the new golfers, the Leupold GX 4i rangefinder will give them an ease of use to help them get a good grasp and get use to the field they will be playing in.
However, with its slope, altitude and temperature adjustment feature amongst other addition technology innovations, it is a quality product for those who had been playing golf for a long time.
Pros & Cons
• This rangefinder is easy to setup and easy to gauge in for use, particularly when it comes to making adjustments.
• It is like having two range finders in one, all depending on which faceplate is attached; there is the chrome faceplate for serious players, and the yellow faceplate for those golfing just for fun.
• Amongst the other range finders in the market, the GX4i can read in atmospheric conditions in its distance calculations; it can even tell you which club you must hit.
• It is also weather proof with a two year warranty.
• For the prism to lock into the flag may be a bit difficult, or sometimes not at all.
Solution: It is always best to refer to your user’s manual for directions on how to use the rangefinder, as there may be something wrong in what you are doing which is why it does not perform well.
• Compared to another product with just five times magnification, the GX4i has six times magnification but a small view finder reticle.
• Not advisable for those who do not have a steady hand.
1. Design – 4.5 out of 5
2. Performance – 5 out of 5
3. Components – 4.5 out of 5
4. Price – 3.9 out of 5